3.04.2008

The Master & Student


The Michigan Press Photographers' Association held their annual Pictures of the Year contest this past weekend. It was quite the weekend for the guys at the ol' MDN. We all did well, and it felt great to do it as a team. I think we would all agree that none of us could have done it without each other. Check out the link above. It was a classic battle royal between Kevin and Brett's sports portfolios and stories. Also I have to say I doubt that the MDN or myself would have ever reached this point without Rodney "The Master." He took a chance on me, not sure why, but I am glad he did. (photograph by Kevin)

7 comments:

RockStar said...

Congrats boys!
Let me know of that big head won't fit in the door anymore...is that why you got a haircut first?

Nicky said...

Midland deserved every award (and maybe more) that it got. I think it really says something that a little paper like Midland can completely shut out the big guys like the Free Press. Congrats again Ryan! Also, I know all us Chips really appreciate your input on our portfolios, so thank you again.

Jesse Osbourne said...

congrats are in order (again) mr. photo editor of the year. this time the student beat the master, eh?

one more year and this will be getting old hat for you rwood.

The Wood Family said...

Ryan's too modest to also include that he won Photo Editor of the Year for the 2nd year in a row!

brYan said...

Yes, congrats Ryan!

Justin said...

Wow - they must really be classing up the MPPA event. The last time I was there I think one of you were wearing a fruit basket on your head by the end of the night (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Congrats to both of you men in black!

Nancy said...

congratulations, ryan! i check your blog for photo inspiration all the time :) i've been starting to take photos myself and have a much better appreciation for photographers everywhere.