Sweet and innocent you say. Well she may be cute as a button but she is now grounded until she is 50 years old. She has completly lost her marker privilages after this latest inccident. While mommy was going the bathroom (a.k.a. not paying attention) Ella used her creative liscense to permanently mark or shall I say use permanent marker on our couch.
Not much I can do now so here is a list of positives from the situation:
1. No one died.
2. This gives us a great reason to pick out new furniture for our new house.
3. She can get a scholarship and pay her own way to art college.
4. She can pay us back after she sells her first piece at her gallery auction.
5. She grabbed a marker and not a knive from the drawer.
6. No one died.
7. We will always remember that Ella liked to draw when she was two.
8. Mommy has learned her lesson (we hope).
9. It was the couch and not Layla's face.
10. It won't hurt the resale value of our house.
11. She doesn't know how to spell four letter words.
12. We can put a pillow over it.
If anyone has any positives they would like to add to help us through this that would be great.
Posted by The Wood Family at 9:42 PM
Anyone have any idea what kind of bird this is? Ella and I went for a walk at the property today and this bird was clucking around near the road. My vote, a Rough-neck Grouse. Kristy, no fair cheating and asking your dad either. Jim? Adam? I am sure you guys know...
Posted by The Wood Family at 10:10 PM
Ella and daddy went to see the "flutterflies" at Dow Gardens today. Mommy and Layla went to a candle part so we wanted to have a good time on the town. Ella liked the butterflies but like her attention span the didn't stick around long enough and fluttered away. I think she enjoyed the birds and the goldfish in the pond at the conservatory more. Anyway, do you guys know how hard it is to get a good butterfly picture while trying to watch a two-year-old. Not easy, a couple butterflies almost met their maker while I was busy shooting pictures. No butterflies would land on Ella, mostly because she wouldn't stay in one place long enough. She did watch them land on other kids.
Posted by The Wood Family at 2:54 PM
After nearly three weeks of blog silence I feel like i owe everyone an explanation. Our internet has been down at our house and I don't blog from work. So we have not posted. One day a couple days ago with no explanation, mysteriously our internet began working again. Anyway, hope it stays on and here we go ...
Posted by The Wood Family at 2:13 PM